#2017BestNine – A Little Reflection
Happy New Year’s Eve!
I felt that I needed to do just one last blog post before 2017 ended. I believe that whatever you are doing at the end of the year is what you will spend doing in the in coming year. So, here’s to more blog posts in 2018! I wanted to share with you all my #2017BestNine. These are my top nine most liked posts on Instagram. If you aren’t following me on Instagram click here. Alright, let’s get to it.
1. Rizos on The Road ~ My most liked photo was my swag bag from Rizos on The Road. This was curly girl event I attended in Miami last April and it was Uh-Mazing! The event was hosted by Ada Rojas from www.allthingsada.com and Rocio Isabel from www.risasrizos.com and they introduced us all to Isabella from CurlPopWorld who did a curlpop cut live. This was definitely an experience for me. My swag bag contained many trial and full sized products to try. I think my favorites were the Curls Blueberry Bliss Twist & Shout and the Curl Keeper products. Follow @allthingsada and @risasrizos on Instagram because you might learn a thing or 20.
2. Vogue 1474 and McCalls 3830 ~ My proudest sewing creation yet. This is my amazing red gown that I made for my good friend who thinks I sew anything. Well, you might be saying, “Johanna, we saw this on your #2016BestNine.” You’re right. I posted this photo during Bimble and Pimple’s #BPSewvember Sewing Photo a Day Challenge. I posted it on Day 28 and the theme was #Success. I love to participate in sewing photo challenges. It’s cool to see other sewists creations plus you get to make new friends that share a common interest. It’s a win win if you ask me.
3. DIY Boys Bow Tie ~ My ham of a son is modeling #3. This was a DIY blog post for an Easy DIY Boys Bow Tie. This bow tie tutorial is super easy to follow I promise. Plus it’s my very first DIY post. Leave me a comment in the blog post of what you thought about it.
4. My Eleni Top ~ So glad my Eleni top from Designer Stitch made my count down! I love this top. It’s right on trend with all the off the shoulder and cold shoulder trends and you can read all about it here.
5. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ~ Ah, Simplicity 8381 and Simplicity 8394. This top and flared skirt won me 3rd place at the Mimi G Fashion Sewing & Style Conference. You can read all about it here.
6. That Plaid Tho ~ I’m having a little bit of a plaid obsession right now. When I saw McCalls 7682 I knew I just had to make that dress and I wanted the plaid to go right along with it. I purchased this fabric and pattern during my Pre-Thanksgiving Pattern Haul.
7. Who doesn’t love a good Selfie? ~ Apparently, you do! lol I was feeling myself just a little bit while I was seeing results from the JJ Smith Green Smoothie Cleance. I plan on doing this after the holidays. A good cleanse is great for many reasons including but not limited to detoxification, reduction in food cravings and increase in energy. Get your friends to do it with you for moral support and get started!
8. My Front Zip Pencil Skirt ~ I made this cute Front Zip Pencil skirt last year to wear out to my birthday dinner with my Hubby. My sew sister Brittany J Jones came out with this super easy to follow pattern and also has a sew along video to go with it. You can pick up the pattern here.
9. Lemonade Inspired ~ This is another off the should top that I love to wear all the time. The pattern used was from the Cynthia Rowley collection for Simplicity 8124. This is one of my favorites because it’s so easy to make and has a very flattering fit. I purchased the fabric from Joann Fabric right after Beyonce released Lemonade. Needless to say, this fabric sold out rather quickly.
It’s so nice to take a stroll down memory lane and look back at some pretty amazing moments from 2017. Thank you all who came along on this ride with me during my very 1st year of blogging! I hope you enjoyed my #2017BestNine as much as I did. Have a safe New Year’s Eve and see you in 2018!
Do you have a favorite? Let me know in the comments below!
*This post may contain affiliate links